Sunday, December 27, 2009

Vacation Begins

I officially begin my vacation tomorrow. I have been off for the past three days, but one was a holiday and the other two were Saturday and Sunday. In some ways, I think this vacation will be too short. I relish the opportunity to not have to think about work and its problems until January 6. Yet that seems remarkably too soon. There are other events that need to be in our planning for January, but I don’t like thinking about that time, because then the vacation will be over.

However, I have learned recently to not dwell on the negatives as much. This was difficult for me as recently as a year or so ago. But either I am finally figuring out what many know, (and what many never figure out) that dwelling on negative thoughts does not do me any good. And worrying about the future totally screws up the present. So I will endeavor to live for the moment or at least try to. It’s hard to change a psyche that has been developed for 40+ years, but I feel I am closer to achieving that goal than ever before.

No comments: